August 5, 2009

The Most Memorable Retreat of Our Lives - Part 2

So, this is the 2nd part of our most memorable retreat. When we were on our way back to UST, many weird things happened. The weirdest thing that happened was when we smelled a burning tire inside our bus. Our bus was air-conditioned and because of that, the windows and the door were fully closed so how will that smell go inside our bus. So when the smell faded, everything became normal, I slept because I was so tired, others listened to their iPod and some just had a nature viewing. When we were in South Luzon Express Way, a life-changing experience happened. Our bus collided to a 10 wheeler truck.

The accident was so fast.Many of us were sleeping that time and I heard a scream at the back and then I woke up and then BAM, we bumped into the truck. We were all shocked because obviously, the impact was so hard!What we didn't know was that there was another truck at the back. Miraculously, no one had a serious injury and all of us were OK.

Me and my friends were at the back of the bus, if that truck bumped into the our bus, I guess we will be injured or worst, we'll die.

The first thing that came into our mind was to pray. We were all shocked and then we decided to pray and thanked GOD for saving our lives. This accident really gave me chills. That was the first time I experienced a serious car accident. After what happened, we thought of some signs or premonitions. We remembered the smell of a burning tire inside our bus and guess what, the truck at the back was carrying a pile of tires.


We will never forget this experience because it really changed our lives. For me, it made me appreciate life much better and it made us closer to God. And because of what happened, we all have the same experience that we will never forget for the rest of our lives. It's ironic because we just had our retreat and why did it happen to us and not to the other section. But at the end of the day, we all know that God is really good and He saved all of us from that freaking accident. And this I think is the most memorable part of our retreat.

No comments: