September 10, 2010

Moda Ispirazione: Iris Apfel

"Style is something into grow, it's something that's you. It's part of your psyche." - Iris Apfel

I know I don't have any event/party posts or any outfit posts because I'm kinda busy with my job. Yes, I have a job! YEAY! Anyway, lez go to this post, another "moda ispirazione".

To be honest, I was not aware who Iris Apfel is until I saw this post of MSN about style icons. Lady Gaga and Daphne Guinness were there, of course, but Iris Apfel really caught my attention. I didn't know her before but after reading some articles about her, I felt so inspired. She is really inspiring.



2010-05-14-irisapfel Iris Apfel

Her style is really over the top and at times crazy but these are the reasons why she is fashion's most beloved icon. She's so inspiring, they made exhibits for her. One of which is entitled "Rare Bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel". Some of Iris' outfits were presented in this exhibit.
a3
iris-apfel-2

At the age of 88, they say she's the latest "fashion muse". PAK!!! I love her! I hope I had a grandma like her! FAB-OH! :]




photos

3 comments:

ching said...

wow look at those pieces.
i never knew her until now. thanks for this.

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

oh wow.. great pieces.. :)

http://barestudy.blogspot.com

kelsea said...

aww i love her quote! i'll take words of wisdom from chic elders any day!