February 2, 2009

Tears of the Sun



Tears of the Sun is a 2003 war film directed by Antoine Fuqua depicting a rescue mission by U.S. Navy SEALs in the midst of a fictional civil war in the West African country of Nigeria. The film stars Bruce Willis as the commander of the SEAL team sent into the middle of this conflict to rescue a US citizen played by Monica Bellucci.

The story is really happening in some parts of Africa, there is really a war there. I've seen this movie in a bus when I was going home to Laguna. At first I ignored it because it's a war film and I'm not into action films but when I saw Monica Belluci (Dr. Lena Kendricks) and Bruce Willis (Lieutenant A.K. Waters)rescuing the African minorities,it really caught my attention.

As the story goes, the film is becoming more dramatic. The Nigerian soldiers, who are the mean guys, tortured these African minorities because these minorities don't like the new government. These Nigerian soldiers kill anyone who don't want to follow them. They raped the girls and they recruited the adult kids as soldiers.

I'm telling you, this film made me cried all along up to our house! I think I cried not only because I pitied these minorities but because I realized how lucky I am. These past few days, I thought that I'm the worst person and that I'm like alone but I'm so so wrong. This movie made me realized that my problem is not grave compared to the sufferings that are experiencing by the people of some African countries. I'm still blessed because I'm living a normal life unlike these minorities. We have to be thankful and contented for what we have right now. Our friends, education, food, simple things that we're receiving everyday from Him. Yeah, life is so short, we have to live it not only to the fullest but also in a meaningful way.

[source]

No comments: